Buying a diesel transfer unit?
Here’s a suggested checklist:
- Capacity – how many times do I want to refill the equipment I’m using per day or per week?
- Profile and physical size – what are my length, width and height restrictions – will it fit on my ute tray?
- Handling – would it be helpful if the design incorporated moulded forklift pockets?
- Secure load – how am I going to secure the tank – non slip matting or tie downs?
- Security – do I want a lockable pump cover and a lockable filling cap?
- Tank quality – do I want the benefits of impact resistance and UV stabilisation from a polyethylene tank?
- Surging – would I feel safer if the tank was baffled to prevent surging?
- Pumping capacity – what expectations do I have regarding litres per minute delivery?
- Reliability – do I want the assurance of an Italian pump?
- Triggers – does auto shut off matter to me?